Skip to main content

Hi All,

I am setting up a map with the following:

Level 1: The employee is from the Department PR. When creating an Employee Time Card, it needs to be approved by the Group Project Admin

Level 2: After Level 1 is approved, Group DM will be approved as Level 2

Level 3: After Level 2 is approved, Group Management will be approved as Level 3

Company Tree Setup

With the current setup, I got issues as explained:

• If Approver Level 2 belongs to only Group DM, they can't open the Time Card
  • If Approver Level 2 belongs to Group DM and Group Project, they can open the Time Card. However, they can approve a Time Card with the skip on Level 1

This is quite similar to creating a multistage approval with instructions on  Acumatica. However, this document is out of date and can't be applied to my current version 23R1.

Hope you all can help!

Thank you

Yên Chi

Hello,

One possible solution is to move DM branch of Company Tree under the Project Branch. Another possible solution is to duplicate the DM Branch of the Company Tree under Project Branch (leave DM where it is, connected under Management, and add a copy under Project Admin).

Timecard approval works best when the user is in a branch under the approving supervisor.

Please let us know If the approval is still skipping level 1 after this change. Thank you.

Laura

HI @Laura02 I have tried with result below

Option 1: move the DM branch of the Company Tree under the Project Branch → result: Group DM cant open the time card

Option 2: leave DM where it is, connected under Management, and add a copy under Project Admin → When Level 1 is approved, it skips Level 2

Hello,

I think the same Condition from step 1 needs to be repeated on step 2 and step 3, in place of “approval workgroup equals”.

In place of Rule on 3 steps, I recommend entering rule names like “Level 1 to Project Admin”, “Level 2 to Division Manager”, just to make the steps & screenshots clearer.

Laura

HI @Laura02 

When set up approval site map like this, the workgroup approval for each level is same as above

• If Approver Level 2 belongs to only Group DM, they can't open the Time Card
  • If Approver Level 2 belongs to Group DM and Group Project, they can open the Time Card. However, they can approve a Time Card with the skip on Level 1

Hello,

Please show the Company Tree. Is the company tree structured with the people entering time on the lowest level, under approval 1, and Approval 1 is under the Approval 2 level?

Here is an example where Accounting Department enters time/expense (marked with green dot), Accounting Manager approves the first level, if over $1000 the expenses go to Financial Director.

Tree Levels should be listed under each other from the top down: under 3 is 2, under 2 is 1 and under 1 is the group entering the timecards.

Acumatica will skip some approvals when the same human is the approver on two steps, such as “Mary” is both Accounting Manager and Finance Director.

Laura

HI @Laura02 Yes, it is

The person submit Employee Time Card belong to group Site.

Level 1 Approver is group Project Admin

Level 2 Approver is Project

Level 3 Approver is Management

Step 1 setup

Step 2 setup

Level 1 is same as Level 1 of Step 1

Level 2

Step 3 

Level 1 is same as Level 1 of Step 1

Level 2 is same as Level 2 of Step 2

Level 3

This is not an effective solution but can be option to considering

I separate Group Project Admin and Group DM, and then add Group Site under each group in company tree

And then create multiple approval map as image

After that, the approval map will meet my both condition:

• DM can view Employee Time Cards of site 
  • Level 2 only can approve after Level approved

I think we should have an option to prevent the group on higher level approve without the approver of lower level. Therefore I create a vote for Dev Team to consider Multiple Approvals level - option require approvals from lower level before processing to high level | Community (acumatica.com)