Solved

Adding and deleting service order types on a customer

• 26 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have created numerous service order types for all of my customers but now I would like to delete of them for each customer I have. It would take too long to delete them one by one. How do we delete Service Order Types tied to a customer in one shot? Could it be done via an import scenario? Also, how do I add more than one service order type to a customer in one shot using an import scenario? I know how to add one type to all customers but how do you add 3 or 4 types to all customers at the same time?  How do I adjust my import scenario for this?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 27 September 2021, 17:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jvinski71    You wanted to delete/add below highlighted “Service Billing” tab details from Customers screen? Please confirm.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Naveen B ,Yes, I want to know how I can delete, for example in your screenshot above, the Service Order Types “INST” and “SUPP” for numerous customers at one time via an import scenario I assume.

Also, I would like to know how to add all 6 of the service order types in your screenshot above for numerous customers at the same time via an import scenario.

Thank you,

Joe

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jvinski71  I just worked on this import scenario and I can able to delete the Service Billing grid records successfully. Please find the screenshots for reference.

Excel File with 2 Service Order Types to delete
Import Scenario
2 Service Order Types deleted successfully
INST and APP records got deleted from screen

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Naveen B 

Thank you for the update. 2 questions:

1. why do you put =-2 for the line number in order to make the deletion happen and why is the row where the line number =-1 disactivated in your import scenarion?
  2. How do I add more than one Service Order Type to the customer at the same time using an import scenario?
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jvinski71  Please find the details below

1. why do you put =-2 for the line number in order to make the deletion happen and why is the row where the line number =-1 disactivated in your import scenarion?

Response:  The <LineNumber> command instructs Acumatica which line to select.  

• A value of "-1" (the default) instructs Acumatica to add a new line (inserting record).
  • A value of "-2" instructs Acumatica to delete a line 
  1. How do I add more than one Service Order Type to the customer at the same time using an import scenario?

Response:  Please find the import scenario for the adding the Service Order Types records for the Customer.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I suggest using custom key as below.  Without it the scenario will simply delete the first line and not the target line.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved