Skip to main content

Hello, ISV’s, partners, developers, and customers,

We are excited to announce that we are entering Managed Availability with our Modern UI initiative! While we have enabled Modern UI on all test environments for our users to use all the available features alongside the Classic UI, we are also looking for early adopters who are willing to provide us feedback to improve the experience for all users.

Frequency Asked Questions

What version of Acumatica allows me to test modern UI capabilities?  

• Modern UI capabilities can be enabled starting version 2024 R1 for non-SaaS installations and test environments by activating EnableSiteMapSwitchUI option in web.config file. Please note that we do not recommend activating it in the production environment yet. Click here for the latest version of 2024 R1 release

• With version 2024 R2 modern UI is also available for the SaaS customers starting from 2024 R2 Update 2 for the tenants marked as test only. Click here for the latest version of 2024 R2 release

How do I enable the Modern UI in my Acumatica SaaS instance? 

• Make sure you are using 2024 R2 Update 2 and follow the steps below: 
    • Create tenant and execute Change to Test Tenant action on the Tenants form 
    • Then there are several options: 
      • Go to Site Map screen and switch selected screens by changing value in UI column to Modern 
      • Or go to Site Map screen and switch all screens by executing Switch to Modern UI action 
      • Or go to desired screen, and switch it using Tools->Switch to Modern UI command of system menu  

How do I enable the Modern UI in my Acumatica local instance?

• The same steps as above for production instance or install separate test instance and set EnableSiteMapSwitchUI key to TRUE in web.config file. 

What is the list of features that are enabled in the Modern UI and should I look for? 

• With the release of 2024 R2, the new modern UI is enabled for most of Acumatica ERP application screens. Administrators can now switch screens to the modern UI. Additionally, this release introduces new screen personalization features, allowing users to expose custom fields and fields added through customizations within the modern UI. 
  • While the visual customization editor is not available in the on-premise version 2024 R2, users can still leverage the customization framework technology via Visual Studio. 

Which functionality is not yet supported by the Modern UI in the current release?

• Unfortunately, certain features are not yet supported in version 2024 R2. These include Dashboards, Pivot Tables, ARM Reports, Report Launcher and Viewer, Business Scenarios, Wiki Editor and Viewer, UI customization for new screens, mobile application support. 

What happens if I switch all screens in the test tenant to Modern UI and then will try to use functionality in the test tenant which is not supported in Modern UI?

• The test tenant will open it in Classic UI. One exception is Pivot tables implemented as tabs in GI, these tabs will be hidden; in order to see it you have to switch GI back to Classic UI   

What should I do if my screen has UI customization applied for? 

• UI customizations of Modern UI screens are not supported in the current release. You must leave this screen in Classic UI, or you can do code customization 
    • If your customization is limited by adding the fields to the UI and does not change the page structure you can use new personalization functionality to expose these custom fields on the modern UI 

• For the on-premise installation you can use Visual Studio to convert visual customization to the Modern UI  

• The visual customization editor and customization conversion tools is not yet supported in the current release and will be available in future 

Can I use the Modern UI in production instances? 

• No. It can only be used in Test tenants in this release. 

How can I switch from the Modern UI screen back to the old UI screen?

• You have 3 options: 
    • Go to Site Map screen and switch selected screens by changing value in UI column to Classic  
    • Or go to Site Map screen and switch all screens by executing Switch to Classic UI action  
    • Or go to desired screen, and switch it using Tools->Switch to Classic UI command of system menu   

How do I report an issue or bug, if I discover a bug with the Modern UI screen in the test tenant?

• Please create an Acumatica Support Case to report any issues or bugs with the Modern UI. We will accept and triage the issues as reported based on severity, however Acumatica does not guarantee fixing these bugs in this version, please switch to the Classic UI as a workaround. 

For unlicensed (Trial) tenants, in instances without an applied license, is Modern UI available by default? 

• By default, all screens will be displayed with the Classic UI view. You can activate the Modern UI on the trial version of the software for on premise installations by changing web.config key EnableSiteMapSwitchUI to TRUE  

Is the Modern UI enabled for SaaS based Sandboxes (test instances) by default? 

• For SaaS based sandboxes, enabling Modern UI is possible for tenants marked as ‘Test’ tenants only. 

Can I switch only specific screens to Modern UI, for example GI screens or only frequently used screen, will the system work correctly? 

• Yes, you have an option to switch only a selected set of screens to the modern UI. Modern and Classic UI can work side by side and navigation is supported between the screens operating in different modes. 
Be the first to reply!