Solved

Acumatica database - SQL Server Upgrade from 2012 to 2019

• 2 November 2021
  • 3 replies

We run Acumatica 2020R2 and currently working on SQL Servers upgrade from 2012 to 2019. We have created new SQL Server 2019 and need to switch Acumatica production to it.

I have successfully connected to new SQL Server (SQL2) from my local instance, now test it on DEV. Acumatica Configuration Manager have successfully updated database, but when trying to open website I receive error:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Login failed for user 'XXXXX\FEDXXX-DEV$'.

User 'XXXXX\FEDXXX-SQL$' is <Domain>\<DEV Server name>$

This user was NOT created on SQL2 server during switch. Both DEV and SQL2 servers are internal and don’t have any restrictions.

icon

Best answer by nadiyahnatyuk58 2 November 2021, 23:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @nadiyahnatyuk58 On the web.config in your local instance, try changing the connection string and verify.

Thanks

Problem resolved by fixing database sever login for the IIS anonymous user:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @nadiyahnatyuk58  Thanks for the update.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved