Solved

Access Rights to Delete File Attachments

• 17 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I need to know how to give someone rights/access to delete uploaded files.

For example, we upload item drawings to the item’s BOM and when we have a new/revised drawing, we want to delete the old drawing and upload the new drawing.

Where do I go to give someone permission to delete the file attachment???

icon

Best answer by Aliya 20 August 2021, 23:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Sarah,

On Access Rights by Screen, scroll down to Hidden > File Mainenance > File > Delete.  From there you should be able to edit the varying Access Rights for that individual button.  You can also get there by first navigating to the File Maintenance screen (where the Delete button lives), go to “Tools” in the upper right corner, and select “Access Rights...” 

A word of caution, editing Access Rights for individual fields can get really tricky, as you often have to start explicitly defining access rights for all the other Roles as well rather than just using “Inherited.”  I highly recommend experimenting in a sandbox environment first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @sarah ,

Please refer to the following article for the detailed steps:

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Irina 

Thanks for the link, unfortunately I don’t have access to view the article.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@sarah  please check your private messages

Hello,

I also need to understand how to prevent users from accessing and deleting files. I don’t have access to that article. Is there another link?

thanks

Lisa

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved