Question

Access Rights for Project Quotes Approval

Userlevel 4
Badge

I need to create a project approver role, which basically has view only rights to the whole of projects, except for the ability to approve project quotes.

The problem is that I can’t find an element for approval (which other screens do have):

How do I grant this permission?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @MarciaW 

1. Set up the Company Tree:

1. Set up the actual approval map:
  1. Set the approval map on the Preferences screen:

Here is also the Help link for the steps:

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=0d0b7e95-8c51-4ec3-8c14-30936b8aaf44

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=2f453cf7-57a0-4b10-ae4e-d2cd4f402413

Userlevel 4
Badge

The approval map is set up and the notifications are working.  Others who have different permissions are able to do the approvals.  The problem is that he has view only permissions to projects (company requirement is that the people who do the approving can’t make other changes).  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@MarciaW 

Check the Construction access right, that’s the highest right on the project quotes. 

If he has View ONLY, the system will not allow him to approve however. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@MarciaW  I agree with @kbeatty21 :

Approving a document would lead into updating the records and updating the document which means if you do not have at least Edit Access Right you would not be able to Perform the approval.

So, I believe the least Access Right for those users should be Edit otherwise it would not work.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Actually in Sales Orders I was able to do it as follows (the person has view only rights throughout the sales order module):

It works.  They can do nothing but Approve or Reject.  But in the Project Quotes, this element called Approve is not in the list for some reason.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @MarciaW were you ever able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett 

No, I think I will log a case because the form element I need is not available.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved