Skip to main content

Hey there. The system I am working on is showing a number for the access rights on the “Access Rights by User” screen.

Context: An accountant in AP expressed to me that they cannot create new bills on the bills and adjustments form. They are assigned several roles, some of which have “Delete” rights to everything in AP (the AP Admin role). However, the user cannot create or delete bills. I went to look at the user access rights and that is when I saw the “4” everywhere.

I managed to fix it and give them access rights by manually changing the AP Admin access rights to the Bills and Adjustments form from “Inherited” to “Delete”. I am very confused though because it was inheriting delete, so I don't know why changing it from inherited fixed it. Furthermore, the numbers are confusing.

Thanks!

@kseal60 

Have you given the access to each node.

Please review each node and confirm the setup is done.

Hello @kseal60 ,

Does the Access Rights look like numbers if you try a different browser (Chrome vs. Firefox)?  If you try a different computer?

If the Access Rights look normal in a second browser or on a different computer, then clear Cache in the first browser (delete browser history).

If you haven’t rebooted already, please try rebooting.

Laura

@kseal60

Have you given the access to each node.

Please review each node and confirm the setup is done.

Thanks for much for the response! Unfortunately, I have confirmed that these access rights have been set for the highest nodes. Everything else below them is set to “Inherited”, which I have used for every other role configuration in the past and never had an issues. If the “Bills and Adjustments” form is set to “Delete” and the lower nodes are set to “Inherited”, I do not see why this is not working. I fear it may involve a corrupted database and need Acumatica’s support. Thanks.

Hello @kseal60 ,

Does the Access Rights look like numbers if you try a different browser (Chrome vs. Firefox)?  If you try a different computer?

If the Access Rights look normal in a second browser or on a different computer, then clear Cache in the first browser (delete browser history).

If you haven’t rebooted already, please try rebooting.

Laura

Hey, Laura! Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, the issue persists among all browsers and computers, regardless of a reboot.