Solved

How can we make payment on the dues that are paid in advance by other departments?

• 9 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi all,

I have a question and I will give you a scenario about our project:

I would like to seek for your expertise and advise about my project - Gasoline Station with 3 Stores

(1. Fuel,     2. Services/Repair    3. Mini grocery

The customer's due from the 2 stores (Services / Repair and Grocery) were being paid in advance by the 3rd store (Fuel).

Ex. I have a customer who purchased from the Grocery, and availed Fuel and Services / Repair as well, technically there were 3 invoices from my 3 stores. What I’m doing is that I will get a cash from my Fuel store and pay the due of that customer to my Grocery and Services / Repair. So I will close the invoices from the 2 stores by using the Mode of payment - Advances from Fuel. But I will still send Statement of Account to the customer showing his/her due from my 3 stores but the payment should go to Fuel alone since Fuel store already pay the customer balance from 3 stores in advance. This client will pay me in 30 days or so.

Now the problem is, when the customer pays for his/her total due for the 3 stores I wanted to apply the payment once. How can I do that in my Fuel store? I cannot search for the customer anymore since there is No Open Invoices already ‘coz it was paid in advance by my Fuel store. I don’t want also to look one by one to open the invoice where he/she got the cash from to pay for the advance.

Can you help me think of solution or work around here or should I say that this is not possible and should not do advance payment on behalf of the customer?

Thanks in advance for the response/advise.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 9 August 2022, 11:14

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello,

Can you clarify how “stores” are set up? Are they Acumatica Companies, branches, subaccounts, something else? Are they actually set up as Departments (mentioned in the title of post)?

Are the Acumatica automatic Inter-company balancing features active or inactive? Knowing what features we’re working with might help us give a correct answer.

I’m thinking the ideal answer is to use inter-company balancing (one company with 3 balanced branches and automatic balancing entries). One store (grocery?) sends the customer one invoice with several lines including proper store/branch for each line item purchased (fuel/grocery/repair). Acumatica will record ‘due from other store’ entries for fuel & repair on the grocery company.  Acumatica will record a ‘due to’ the grocery on the two companies that did not send the invoice.

You may “settle up” or pay the inter-company balances between stores at the end of the month or at the end of the year, or perhaps more frequently.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved