Solved

Session timeout default

• 15 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Does anyone know what the value is for the session timeout in the web.config file for SaaS instances?

I have a customer that is asking (and very frustrated with being kicked out frequently).

icon

Best answer by Laura02 15 November 2023, 21:43

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello @donnadeskins55 ,

Here is a link to a post where Naveen answers your question:

(For SaaS site, raise a support ticket.)

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you! I figured it had to be out here somewhere but I couldn’t find it no matter what I searched under.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @donnadeskins55 

By default the session timeout is set to 60 minutes - https://help-2023r1.acumatica.com/(W(7))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=54775fb6-60d7-4995-99c0-8349f9b5d356

I would recommend advising the users to not open multiple tabs when using the instance as inactivity on one tab for 60 minutes can log you out while you might be working in Acumatica on a different tab.

In addition, there is a new functionality in 23R1 where the client can change the session timeout settings themselves under the Security Preferences screen.

Making this change does not restart the website so that's a plus.

https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=a100a91e-310b-4513-bc68-5110ad9463ff

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@pallikasharma11 I take it this setting is universal?

A lot of Manufacturing Clients need a very quick timeout on the floor whereas Office Users need longer Times.

Is there a way to make it dependent on certain Criteria such as Roles, User Types, Employee Classes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@krausef77 You are correct. Currently all timeouts (user inactivity, session, and executions) are set globally.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved