Solved

Is there a way to delete/clean files in batch?

• 21 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

In “Search in Files”, I can select multiple files at the same time, but if I click “delete file”, only the first file in selection will be deleted.

Is it a bug?  Or the system is designed to do so?

Now, my question is , is there a way I can delete the out of date files in batch?

icon

Best answer by vkumar 21 January 2021, 09:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ray20

As per my knowledge, this is NOT a bug.  Default Acumatica will allow us to delete 1 file at a time.

You may select grid rows here but the Acumatica will consider current row for deletion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ray20 

If you are trying this to reduce the DB size/ cleanup/ purge old files, here is a KB which helps with an alternate option.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Naveen B @vkumar 
Hello, My two friends, thank you for your always help.
I will have a try later using Irina’s method.

Hi guys! 
I just saw this post and am currently experiencing the same following problem: 
I have a large number of files that have only one version (Irina's method will not work in my case unfortunately). 
Is it possible via a customization project to select a large number of files for deletion or will the system prevent me from doing so? 
Thanks for your help! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi guys! 
I just saw this post and am currently experiencing the same following problem: 
I have a large number of files that have only one version (Irina's method will not work in my case unfortunately). 
Is it possible via a customization project to select a large number of files for deletion or will the system prevent me from doing so? 
Thanks for your help! 

I would also like to know the answer

Userlevel 1

Hi @ray20 

If you are trying this to reduce the DB size/ cleanup/ purge old files, here is a KB which helps with an alternate option.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

how can i have an access to this, it seems i have no access to it 

Badge +16

@Jov29 ,

Believe you have to be an Acumatica partner to see Irina’s post. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved