Solved

Update PreferredVendorID

• 12 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’m trying to setup a GI that would allow me to update an inventory item’s Default Vendor through mass actions - however, because this is set at the Vendor ID/Location level, I believe I’m having trouble.

Neither the Stock Items screen and Vendor Inventory screen allow me to 

Is there an entry screen where I can assign the PreferredVendorID & PreferredVendorLocationID as the item default? 

If not, is there another way to update an already assigned vendor on the stock item as the default vendor? 

icon

Best answer by kyle90 2 February 2024, 20:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @kyle90 

Try using this data class:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey Kandy - I was able to find the PreferredVendorID on InventoryItemCurySettings

POVendorInventory lists all vendors associated with the item and I need to assign the Default Vendor from this list (as noted elsewhere, the ‘IsDefault’ checkbox on the Vendors tab from the POVendorInventory data class does not exist in the database, so InventoryItemCurySettings is the better way to find this value)

My issue is assigning the default value from the existing list - I’m sure this could be accomplished with an import scenario, but I’ve run into trouble with the other values on POVendorInventory (UOM, Vendor Location, Lot size etc).

We wanted a way to move the checkmark from one vendor to another, which can be done though the UI on the Stock Item, ideally through mass records update. 

I can’t find an entry screen that allows me to assign the PreferredVendorID using mass records updates

Userlevel 3
Badge

I need to figure out how to do this too. Any luck? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Nope - Doesn’t seem there’s a way to update this field via mass-action as best I can tell.. 

My fix for now is a custom GI built off POVendorInventory with the stock items added as a side panel and a lot of clicking..

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved