Skip to main content

Hi,
I have a Business Event that is sending an email via Email Template with attachment originated by a GI.

I have set up "Mailing and Printing" for the Email Template on Account Payable Preferences, a Vendor Class and specific vendors.
I would like the email sent to the emails specified for the MailingID for the Email Template but no email is generated. Emails are generated only if I specify a "To" in the email template. It looks like it is not supported by Acumatica as both guides below clearly state to "Specify an email address".

Guide1

Guide2

Am I missing something?
I don't really want to include NotificationSource and NotificationRecipient tables to the GI and mimic Acumatica logic for MailingID to not risk missing something and future proofing it...especially if I'm using the template specified in the MailingID...

I cannot send the report directly via the report screen as the requirement is to send the report to a list of vendors at once.
I explored the possibility to trigger the email template from a custom action but it looks like I have to set up "To" email address as well and it is for a custom screen so I cannot just override the Notification method for Sales Orders or other screens.
Any pointer appreciated.
Thank you

From the lack of responses I guess this is not supported by Acumatica: I thought this would have been a standard feature.
I created an Idea here, hopefully something that will be introduced in the future...