Solved

Self Service Portal Cases queries not showing correct content

• 26 September 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

After upgrading to 22R1, for some of our Self-Service Portal users, their cases queries (Open Cases in particular) are showing incorrect results.  For some users, they aren’t seeing any of their cases.  For some, they see Closed cases in the Open Cases query.  Any thoughts?  I also can’t figure out how to even debug the query since it’s Portal, if anyone has any tips.  I guess I could do a SQL trace.

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 26 September 2022, 23:59

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @tlanzer25 ! Which version did you upgrade from? This can be a difference which will mean needing to adjust the GI:

If you were on a build prior then you’ll want to check the conditions or relations and make sure that they line up to show individual results of cases to owner.

The query can be viewed in the main site and edited from there, it doesn’t need to be troubleshoot from the portal, but there should be some hidden menu options which you can see when logged in as user with Portal Admin role (Administrator menu, Generic Inquiries).

If you export the GI and attach it or show some screenshots it might be easier to make a recommendation.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

It was 2019R2 actually.  I’m aware of the owner id changing to an employee id (guid), but I wasn’t sure how to see the query.  I’ll try to log into the main site with my Portal credentials and see if that works.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@tlanzer25 The portal and the main site share some screens and the way to add a GI to the portal is to just import it or bring it up in the portal and make sure it has a site map location and screenID.

You can try to click the clipboard at the top > Reset to Default to see if there was customization changes which could be affecting it, though I would recommend to export it first to make sure that you don’t lose changes.

If you want to export the portal GI and upload it here then we could check it also if you need.

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

The screen ID for the Open Cases screen is SP204000 in Portal, but it’s not shown in the main site under Generic Inquiries.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

It looks like SP204000 is an .aspx, not a GI.  The .aspx references SP.Objects.SP.SPCaseOpenInquiry, so it must be embedded in SP.Objects.dll.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@tlanzer25 You can export from the portal and work in the main site if needed, i didn’t word that correctly 🙄

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@BenjaminCrisman , It’s a screen and not a GI, though.  I found the query after decompiling SP.Objects.dll finally, so at least I can see what it’s doing, but I can’t really modify it, unless I replace it with my own .dll.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@tlanzer25 Apologies, I thought this was one of the GIs, if it is a built in screen then it will be a .aspx but I haven’t seen any of the inquiries which are built-in have an issue like this.

It makes more sense now why we having a disconnect, but I would recommend to also include screenshots with your posts to make sure we’re on the same page 😄

Because it is built-in then you would need to do customizations to change it, but on that note, it is also expected to be correct if it is our screen.

Might need to make a support case if the portal is acting up

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I have an Acumatica support case open

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Tony Lanzer - what was the outcome of your support case? We seem to be encountering the same issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@bcameron , Sorry, I can’t remember exactly, and can’t find that case (I don’t think I have access to it since I changed companies recently).

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved