Solved

Select Multiple Rows In GI

• 13 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Is there a way to select multiple rows in a Generic Inquiry? I have an inquiry that I am using a side panel on and I would like to select multiple records in the GI and send those to the side panel. This works great with the single selected item but it would be great to do for multiple.  

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 4 October 2021, 21:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @cmoreland I don’t think we have an option to send multiple items to side panel.

Side panel will work based on the Key fields, when we select a inventory item records, internally it will check for the Key field and pass it to Side Panel and then it will populate the details for that particular item.

Userlevel 4
Badge

thanks. I want to be able to select multiple records in the GI and send them to the MRP display in order to generate PO’s for those items in the side panel. I am using the GI to pull in some custom fields from the inventoryItem table that we use to sort and organize items to be purchased. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @cmoreland As @Naveen B pointed out there is a current limitation of using just a single row at a time. It might be more useful to have a custom screen created for this type of functionality but currently in a GI setting there is only the ability to use one line per side panel display

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks that is the plan we hope to put in place later this year. 

Hi Team, I just wanted to check if there is any update on this front. I intend to use it as a step in the workflow to send notifications to selected multiple business accounts from GI resultset. Is there a way to select multiple rows in a Generic Inquiry? Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved