Solved

Making Changes to Generic Inquiry Security

Background: I received a request to adjust the Bills and Adjustment Generic Inquiry Screen to not allow users to view all Bills. However, the users would need to be able to view some bills that are related to a vendor but not others as they are not relate to their projects. Similarly, the users would need to see certain bills that were related to a GL account but not other transactions. For this reason, I determined that row level security was not the best route. I instead adjusted the Bill and Adjustments Generic Inquiry to have an owner parameter with the default value of @me; corresponding generic inquiry conditions were made for this as well. This has assisted with the issue as now, by default, the users can only see bills that they are listed as an owner on. 

Problem: I am unable to prevent the users from editing who is listed as the owner through tools-Access Rights by Screen in the Generic Inquiry Parameter. So while the default is the logged in user they could delete the user and once again see all invoices. I need to keep this option open for a select few individuals who should be able to see all invoices but restrict most users from being able to do this. 

Question: Does anyone know how to restrict editing privileges to a parameter field of a Generic Inquiry for some users but not all? 

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 9 June 2022, 18:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @pocasio19 ,

One idea would be to add your list of privileged users in the Filters on the Generic Inquiry.  Then make the parameter “Hidden”.  If you didn’t want to hard-code this list, you could probably join with the appropriate tables to find the users with a particular role assigned.

This is a screenshot of an example using the SOOrder data access class.  It would be similar for Bills and Adjustments.  Make sure to add parenthesis around your OR condition if you have other filters on the GI.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Hi @lauraj46 , thank you for the response! Would you mind also posting a snip of your parameters tab? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @pocasio19 ,

Here you go:

Hope this helps!

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved