Solved

How to see a Deleted PO

• 6 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey all, 

I looked through the search but I could find a definitive answer. I would like to know if there is a stardard GI or report were I can find a PO that was deleted, more pointedly who deleted the PO. I have already enable the “show deleted records” in the Purchase Order GI but that does not produce any results. We have had this crop up a few times and I would like to find out why it is happening. 

Let me know if there is a way to do this.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Laura02 6 October 2022, 11:46

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi 

Have you enabled the audit history for purchase order?

Do you have purchase order number??

We can see the audit who has deleted the po!

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Steps:

Open Audit History Screen

Enter Screen ID:  PO301000

Change the Start Date if needed.

Thanks

Badge +16

Hello,

I think you are not likely to find out who deleted the PO when Audits are not turned on in advance of the deletion.

We can see in User Security → Inquiries → Access History, using  Operation = Access Screen, which users opened a screen on what day and time, but we can’t see what happened once the screen was open. This will help you if you have few employees using the screen, and if you know approximately when the PO was deleted.

If PO Deletion happens from time to time, turn on the Audits now and you will see the information Audit History when it happens next time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

In case someone is wondering why the “Show Deleted Records” option does not yield any result -- this feature only works with tables that include a DeletedDatabaseRecord field. This is mostly master data - business accounts, inventory items, etc. Using the audit history as suggested by @manikantad18 and @laura01 is the best approach.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @byates ! Unfortunately the POOrder table does not contain the deleted orders, which is similar to other documents like Sales Orders.

You can tell which tables do because there will be a field within the table called DeletedDatabaseRecord and you can select on the GI setup to show deleted records.

If you are worried that PO are getting deleted accidentally you can restrict access to the delete button so only certain users can do this, or you can have a GI which checks to see if there are gaps in the numbering sequence possibly.

If you add the POOrder table a second time and give it an Alias you can check to see if using Prev and Next can catch a missing increment, but I don’t have a good example of this off-hand

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks all, apologies I have been OOO for the past few days. I will review all of the above and see where it takes me...

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved