Solved

How to pass a dashboard parameter to a generic inquiry parameter

• 22 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I would like to pass the value in a dashboard parameter to a generic Inquiry parameter using the Link Widget.

Can this be done? If so, what is the proper syntax?

I have tried the following:

GIParameter = DashboardParameter results in the GI parameter populated with the string DashboardParameter not the value of the DashboardParameter.

GIParameter = [DashboardParameter] results in the GI parameter populated with the string [DashboardParameter] not the value of the DashboardParameter.

GIParameter = @DashboardParameter results in the GI parameter populated with the string @DashboardParameter not the value of the DashboardParameter.

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 7 March 2022, 17:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @pkohler91 In this case the Link Widget is used for Forms (Customer entry, Vendor entry), Reports, and Dashboards, but from what I can tell GIs are not included in that.

It seems to work better with Selector type parameters but I was able to use the following to populate the AR Invoice report:

Let me know if this helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @BenjaminCrisman ,

In your example the parameter is static. I’m not sure if the original poster @pkohler91 had this in mind or not, but I’m curious if there’s a way to pass the parameter dynamically.  For example on the Customer View dashboard there’s a dashboard parameter to filter that dashboard by customer.  Is it possible to configure a Link widget on a dashboard that would open the Customer screen and pass in the Customer parameter from the dashboard?

Laura

Userlevel 1

@BenjaminCrisman and @lauraj46.

Laura is correct, I am looking for a way to pass a parameter dynamically from a dashboard to the Link widget.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@pkohler91 @lauraj46 At this time there isn’t a way to have a dashboard parameter get inserted into the link widget type parameter, at least currently.

Other widget types have the option in the Filter Settings to check the box for ‘Use Parameter’, telling the widget to also consider the added dashboard parameter, but Link type widget does not have this consideration.

I think it could help the functionality of the widget type though so I would recommend adding this to the ideas to get the Dev team to consider it as well as show interest in supporting this from other users

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved