Solved

How to filter report by attribute

• 30 September 2022
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I’ve added a user-defined field to the Sales Order Details by Inventory Item report (SO611500) but I can’t get it to show up in the Additional Filtering Conditions section of the Additional Sort and Filters tab of the report.

I came across this knowledge article:

But the attribute field I’m using is already showing up in Viewer Fields:

Any ideas how to get this field to be visible as an Additional Filtering Conditions?

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 15 October 2022, 00:18

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mikeho ! The Additional Sort and Filters will only work for data which is located in a Detail section of the report, so if the field is placed into a groupfooter or groupheader section then you will not see it to filter on.

Can you share where you are placing the field in the report?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @BenjaminCrisman !

I actually have it in both the groupHeaderSection1 and the groupDetails:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@mikeho This is why it doesn’t appear then, it won’t appear in grouping sections and because the report is all grouping sections then there is no place to put it for it to show there.

It needs to be in a NON-Grouping section for it to work.

For data in Grouping sections the filter or sorting needs to be applied within Report Designer

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@BenjaminCrisman thanks for the clarification! This being the case, I’m trying to add a parameter to the report to allow the user to check a box to filter by the specific attribute field, however I’m running into issues with this as well. Basically, I need to filter the attribute field to include results that are either null or 1 of the specific options from the drop-down. This was my best guess as to how to get this to work but it’s only returning the null results:

Any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@mikeho I would include some screenshots of the report parameters section also, or upload a .rpx file so I can mess with it to see if I can get it to work, then share the results.

Doesn’t seem like there is quite enough to go off from just that screenshot unfortunately

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@BenjaminCrisman 

Here’s a screenshot of the parameters section:

How would I share the report .rpx? When I try to attach it doesn’t appear to be a supported format.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@mikeho While in Report Designer click File > Save As… and attach the .RPX file, the RPS type file is not usably by anyone but the person who opened it and only contains the information to retrieve the report from the database.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@BenjaminCrisman I tried attaching the .RPX file here but I’m getting this error message:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@mikeho I’ll check with the community team on why the .rpx isn’t working, until then try creating zip file and uploading that.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@BenjaminCrisman - zip file is attached. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @BenjaminCrisman and @mikeho below are the supported file types. Anything else would need to be zipped.

What file types are currently supported?

We currently support the following file types:

• .pdf
  • .zip
  • .xml
  • .txt
  • .csv
  • .doc/docx
  • xls/xlsx
  • .ppt/pptx.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @BenjaminCrisman,

Following up on this and hoping you might still be able to help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mikeho! Here’s what I did to be able to filter on the attribute value, there are other ways to do it, but this is what I came up with:

The Attribute on the Sales Order
The Parameter
The Filter (you can add the Or IsNull option if needed)

Parameter looks like this before running report
The end result showing the Attribute value and only orders which have this value of 1

Is this close to what you are looking to accomplish?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@BenjaminCrisman - it looks close, but what I really need is for the report to show (from your example) all results that equal ‘1’ or are null.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@mikeho then for the filter condition just add a bracket to the added condition and include OR @Deposit IsNull

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@BenjaminCrisman it’s not quite working for me. Here’s what I have based on your suggestions:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@mikeho Can you show me what the attribute looks like on the screen it appears on?

It seems it isn’t able to recognize the text, so you may need to switch the = @Deposit to something like = Deposit and Null and leave the part of ‘or @Deposit IsNull’

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@BenjaminCrisman - here are the various options we have under this attribute:

I need to include all results where this field is either null or where “Deposit for Order” is selected.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved