How to Filter on report writer based on a formula

• 15 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am trying to filter the results of a report based on the below filters 

However, it is calculated field in the table as shown below: 

I am using the same formula on the filters tab like below: 

However, on the report - it does not list the items that are aged between 45 and 90 days ONLY. 

Can you please advise what I am missing here? thank you

@lauraj46, @Robert Sternberg - any ideas? thank you!

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 18 December 2023, 16:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kanupindi ,

I've never tried using an aggregate function with a filter in the Report Designer.  I don't think this will work because it wouldn't know which group level to apply for.the filtering.

I have created an aging report similar to this, but using variables within the report and then hiding certain sections based on those calculations.  

Hope this helps!

Laura 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lauraj46 ,

Thank you for your valuable feedback as always. Do you mind giving an example on what you meant by creating variables within the report? I am a novice when it comes to Acumatica Report Designer. 

Below is what a perfect result would be:

Age parameter 1: 45

Age parameter 2: 90

it should only display items between age 45 and 90 days on the report. 

Do you have any ideas on how I can implement this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kanupindi ,

Variables are created in the properties for a section, probably one of the customer group headings in your case.

Set the visibility for other sections based on the value of the $Include parameter.

I think you should be able to adapt this to use the formula that you already worked out.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lauraj46 , thank you for the feedback. I will try and get back to you

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved