How to Filter on report writer based on a formula

• 15 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am trying to filter the results of a report based on the below filters 

However, it is calculated field in the table as shown below: 

I am using the same formula on the filters tab like below: 

However, on the report - it does not list the items that are aged between 45 and 90 days ONLY. 

Can you please advise what I am missing here? thank you

@lauraj46, @Robert Sternberg - any ideas? thank you!

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 18 December 2023, 16:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kanupindi ,

Variables are created in the properties for a section, probably one of the customer group headings in your case.

Set the visibility for other sections based on the value of the $Include parameter.

I think you should be able to adapt this to use the formula that you already worked out.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kanupindi ,

I've never tried using an aggregate function with a filter in the Report Designer.  I don't think this will work because it wouldn't know which group level to apply for.the filtering.

I have created an aging report similar to this, but using variables within the report and then hiding certain sections based on those calculations.  

Hope this helps!

Laura 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lauraj46 , thank you for the feedback. I will try and get back to you

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lauraj46 ,

Thank you for your valuable feedback as always. Do you mind giving an example on what you meant by creating variables within the report? I am a novice when it comes to Acumatica Report Designer. 

Below is what a perfect result would be:

Age parameter 1: 45

Age parameter 2: 90

it should only display items between age 45 and 90 days on the report. 

Do you have any ideas on how I can implement this?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved