Skip to main content
Solved

How to add list of GI records in the email template

• 23 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I've created a business event from a generic inquiry that triggers based on a schedule and generates an email within the system to notify a person.

I need to add a list of all the records to the email template.

For example, I want to include the following list of records in a single email when the business event triggers and generates the email within the system.

How can I accomplish this?

I’ve found below Acumatica blog and tried using foreach loop, but it didn’t work. 

http://asiablog.acumatica.com/2018/07/loops-in-notification-templates.html

Thanks .

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @psoni1585 ,

Here is an example of an email notification template that loops on the data results from a generic inquiry to email a list of opportunities (copied from the HTML view of the template).

<table class="rtetable"><tbody>
<tr><td>Opportunity</td><td>Account Name</td><td>Subject</td><td>Estimated Close Date</td></tr>
<tr data-foreach-view="">
<td>((BAccount_acctName))</td>
<td>((CROpportunity_subject))</td>
<td>((CROpportunity_closeDate))</td>
</tr></tbody></table>

Hope this helps!

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @lauraj46 ,

Thanks for your help. It’s been solved after adding the HTML syntax you have provided and added table and field from the GI on the email notification template 

Appreciated your help.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @lauraj46,

Additionally, we can add a hyperlink within email template. In the screenshot below, I've included a hyperlink to the purchase receipt transaction. This allows us to directly open the PO receipt transaction from the email activity.

Thanks 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@psoni1585 and @lauraj46  - thanks for sharing this. Exactly what I’ve been looking for! Tons of opportunities with this.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have a Generic Inquiry and Business Event that is sending out this table formatted email fine. But in that Generic Inquiry screen I have a row that includes a basic formula of [PMCostProjection.TotalBudgetedQuantity]-[PMCostProjection.TotalProjectedQuantity]

Is there a way I can get the output from this to display on that business event email table?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @brandontfrank ,

You should be able to use the Insert-->DataField option on the toolbar of the Email Template to locate and insert your formula field into the data table.  The insert tool shows the caption, but once you insert it you will see something like this:

((PMCostProjection_Formulae474bd8a578fe711944a12d4d93f21e4))

Hope this helps!

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @brandontfrank ,

You should be able to use the Insert-->DataField option on the toolbar of the Email Template to locate and insert your formula field into the data table.  The insert tool shows the caption, but once you insert it you will see something like this:

((PMCostProjection_Formulae474bd8a578fe711944a12d4d93f21e4))

Hope this helps!

Laura

Thank you. I don’t know why I was over complicating that and didn’t check the datafields option!