Solved

GI with both default address and billing address?

• 1 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I’ve always struggled with how to pull two address types into a single GI, and right now I really need it. The GI I’m working on needs the Default Address (or shipping address) and the Billing Address info. 

Attached is an XML from my test environment. The problem I’m having is either no Billing Address info pulls through, or it pulls the same address as default. If I change Billing Address on customer it doesn’t show in the GI. 

Would really appreciate the help!

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 1 September 2023, 20:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jhouser! I checked the GI and it looks like it’s just not quite setup right, but should be quick fixes.

The Location table will link to Address to have the details for the shipping information and the Customer table will to Address table to get the billing information, so since you can’t join both of them to the same Address table, you’ll need to give one (or both) of them an Alias.

With this configuration I was able to see all the address necessary (there is also Customer Locations GI in sales demo)

Customer linked to Location on BAccountID = BAccountID

Location linked to Address on DefAddressID = AddressID

Location linked to Contact on DefContactID = ContactID

Customer linked to BillAddress (Address table alias) on DefBillAddressID = AddressID

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@BenjaminCrisman Ah, so that’s what the Alias is for! This was extraordinarily helpful! This allows me to have both addresses on a single line to be used in a P&L GI. Thank you! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved