Solved

External Link from File Maintenance

• 22 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I want to create a Generic Inquiry (GI) to retrieve the "External Link" associated with a file from the File Maintenance screen. I tried the "UploadFileWithIDSelector" DAC, it doesn't display the external link for the file.

Ultimately, i would like to have an Active Link on my GI, allowing users to click on the External Link to view the attached file.

Many Thanks

icon

Best answer by Eric Ratté 26 January 2024, 14:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The link to files is always the same, i.e. the URL of the site + /(W(2))/Frames/GetFile.ashx?fileID= followed by the FileID.

1. I used the UploadFile table.
  2. I created 2 navigation targets, one to display the file on a side panel and the other one to obtain a hyperlink on the result grid. 
    1. Link of both targets where the same, i.e. https://dev.localhost.com/(d.W(2))/Frames/GetFile.ashx?((FileID)).
    2. The Window Mode for the first link was Side Panel and the other one, New Tab
    3. For both links, the navigation parameters were the same: Field: ((FileID)) and Parameter: UploadFile.FileID.
  3. Finally, the Result Grid
    1. FileName: Name of the file
    2. Name: allows you to access the File Maintenance screen
    3. External Link
      1. The DataField is an expression for which
      2. I set the caption to External Link
      3. Here is the expression ='https://dev.localhost.com/(W(2))/Frames/GetFile.ashx?fileID='+CStr([UploadFile.FileID])                                              You have to change the ID to string to concatenate it with the remaining of the expression.
      4. Finally, to be able to click on the path written by the expression, you need to clear the option Default Navigation and select the link set at the Navigation tab of the GI via the field Navigate To.

The GI is in attachment, you can import it if need be.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved