Solved

Exporting excel

• 10 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all,

I usually use an existing report to make another, but when I have edited the columns with my own without changing anything from schema or anything, just adding columns and fields, which do not reflect in the excel when I export. Is there sth I need to do for the new columns to display? I appreciate your answers!

Like in this pic, only 3 columns were shown.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 10 January 2023, 08:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @paula012  For the Extended field, can you please add the below properties and verify?

1. Export Visible = true
  2. Excel Cell →  Provide the Row and Column values

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks but why do I have only these?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @paula012  To be honest, I never used these fields, let me check and get back to you OR

@BenjaminCrisman  Could you please let us know the functionality of this field “Export Columns” ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you @Naveen Boga and @paula012! When you are setting up the excel formatting of the report you can choose which columns will be exported and which will not. When there is no setting it will export all columns, but from what I understand you should be able to specify in the Excel Columns collection editor, which columns are to be expected on export.

@paula012 In your case you have not selected any specific section or field, so this is the options available at the report level. If you click on specific fields and sections it will show the options Naveen mentioned

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thank you, sir @BenjaminCrisman! Saw it and I chose the Auto, where it just shows it all. A great info though! Now I know what to do next time when I only need some fields to show. And thanks to sir @Naveen Boga once again!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved