Question

Error: The virtual field cannot be used in a condition expression.

• 25 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Added this formula in the generic inquiry 

This error appears when trying to view generic inquiry. not sure what does this error means

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @jechang 

Can you try with SalespersonID instead of salespersonID _ description. 

If you still facing issue, please share the GI in xml format. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @jechang  Virtual fields we can not use in GI formulas.

If you want to use those fields in formulas, you need to bring these fields from the Main DAC but not reference DAC.

In the above GI, you need to join the SalesPerson table (using SalesPersonID condition) and use the SalesPerson fields in the formulas.

Hope this helps!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

hi @Naveen B

I have joined the tables in the GI.

as shown in the screenshot below, the first three works. but when I apply the IIF() Function, I will still face the Error: The virtual field SalespersonID_description cannot be used in a condition expression.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @jechang Hoping that FLXProject is your custom ? Can you please share the XML format of this GI.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved