Solved

Creating a report that is returning duplicate records

• 8 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Can someone help me with what I’m doing wrong here please?

I created a report joining 2 files to retrieve Customer #, Customer Name, Email address, and Date the Customer # was created.  Joining the 2 files to include the Email address returns the same line multiple times for some customers, while other customers only return a single record.

What can I do to prevent the duplicate records?

icon

Best answer by yhartman 10 April 2022, 04:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

When joining two tables, you will get duplicates if one of the tables has duplicates. For instance, one customer can have multiple contacts, so you will get numerous results when joining a customer with various contacts. 

If your goal is only to show a single record per customer with the default contact, you can join the table as follows defContactID Equal contactID.

I hope this helps.

Thank you SOOOO much!  That completely fixed my issue.  

I really appreciate it!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved