Solved

CONVERT DATETIME FIELD TO DATE ONLY

• 20 December 2023
  • 6 replies

I am creating a GI and need to pull for a Date, however the field i need to use is a DATETIME field.  I feel like it should be easy to convert it to a DATE field only but it doesn’t seem to be.  Any hints?  I’ve tried every scenario that i can think of and google...I’ve added things to the Data Field, Schema Field, Style etc.  i can do a LEFT(Start Date,11) but then when i try to add a condition that it pulls @Today, nothing will show.  I am assuming it’s b/c of the timestamp attached to the Date.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 28 December 2023, 05:33

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

hello @koboldinst ,

I know Date formatting is tricky & I know I’ve seen similar questions asked before.  Did you notice this post answered by Gabriel Michaud?  Please keep reading beyond the “Best Answer” post because I think Brian McMillan posted the answer to your question above (removing time from a Date field to acheive a condition that recognizes a match and returns records with a certain filtered date), further down the thread.

I hope this helps you!

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

You can use following parameters of Format function:

format('{0:MM/dd/yyyy}', [StartDate]) 

@Laura02 Thanks, I had already found that answer and tried it.  If i put it into the Data field, it still returns the time.

@Yulias18 That did not work putting it into the Data field

Thanks though!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@koboldinst Can you please try this formula?

=Concat(CStr(Month([CRActivity.StartDate])),'/' , CStr(Day(  [CRActivity.StartDate])),'/',CStr(Year(  [CRActivity.StartDate])))

Hi Naveen - Yes that works, I had already tried that but i need it to show just for today...and that GI data is then being brought into a master Velixo worksheet.  So i need it to filter  =today() somehow and that’s the part that’s not working.  I can filter on the results screen but that won’t help me use the data for a Velixo report.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@koboldinst  That is a limitation here. If you wanted to try to filter Today(), then again it will brings up the time (like 12:00 AM) along with the date. Is this fine?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved