Solved

CONVERT DATETIME FIELD TO DATE ONLY

• 20 December 2023
  • 6 replies

I am creating a GI and need to pull for a Date, however the field i need to use is a DATETIME field.  I feel like it should be easy to convert it to a DATE field only but it doesn’t seem to be.  Any hints?  I’ve tried every scenario that i can think of and google...I’ve added things to the Data Field, Schema Field, Style etc.  i can do a LEFT(Start Date,11) but then when i try to add a condition that it pulls @Today, nothing will show.  I am assuming it’s b/c of the timestamp attached to the Date.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 28 December 2023, 05:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@koboldinst Can you please try this formula?

=Concat(CStr(Month([CRActivity.StartDate])),'/' , CStr(Day(  [CRActivity.StartDate])),'/',CStr(Year(  [CRActivity.StartDate])))

Badge +18

hello @koboldinst ,

I know Date formatting is tricky & I know I’ve seen similar questions asked before.  Did you notice this post answered by Gabriel Michaud?  Please keep reading beyond the “Best Answer” post because I think Brian McMillan posted the answer to your question above (removing time from a Date field to acheive a condition that recognizes a match and returns records with a certain filtered date), further down the thread.

I hope this helps you!

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

You can use following parameters of Format function:

format('{0:MM/dd/yyyy}', [StartDate]) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@koboldinst  That is a limitation here. If you wanted to try to filter Today(), then again it will brings up the time (like 12:00 AM) along with the date. Is this fine?

@Laura02 Thanks, I had already found that answer and tried it.  If i put it into the Data field, it still returns the time.

@Yulias18 That did not work putting it into the Data field

Thanks though!

Hi Naveen - Yes that works, I had already tried that but i need it to show just for today...and that GI data is then being brought into a master Velixo worksheet.  So i need it to filter  =today() somehow and that’s the part that’s not working.  I can filter on the results screen but that won’t help me use the data for a Velixo report.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved