Skip to main content
Solved

Capture Dialog box values + query via Generic Inquiry

• 27 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello all,

Trying to build something based on a concept from a great session at Summit 2024 - open to any ideas on this.

Goal: Capture the value(s) from fields presented in a workflow dialog box and present them in a generic inquiry.

I created the dialog box within a custom Case workflow in Acumatica CRM. The dialog box has 3 different prompts, all of which I would like to capture.

The mission is to join that dialog box info with the PX.Objects.CR.CRCase DAC. 

I believe this is possible based on @Doug Johnson ‘s session 🙂 but I can’t seem to find details on how to configure this when I check the documentation, but I might be looking in the wrong spots. 

Investigation so far:

If I try to inspect the element (1) upon launching the dialog box I see that the business logic is part of CRCaseMaint. But if I attempt to (2) View Data Access Class Source …. 

I get crickets:

So, if they’re not here, where can I find them, and then join them to the Case in a Generic Inquiry?

Thank you for any input.

Arline

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Memorializing this for future people who have the same question.

I determined that the field values that are captured in a dialog box actually need to be stored in a container. That container is a UDF, and is immediately/naturally added to the Cases DAC (in my example).

I had to create the UDF fields from within the Case screen, and then MANUALLY reproduce the combo box values to mimic the ones that I had already created in the dialog box process in the customization project.

THEN within workflow, I attached a “field update” ask as part of the workflow action that triggers the dialog box. In the “field update” action, we update the UDF fields with the values provided in the combo box.

I do not think the syntax for the dialog box is documented (or not at this time anyway), so this involved some trial & error, which is why I’m sharing below. 

Hope this helps other people in their work.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @arlinewelty93!