Solved

Calculation in Generic Inquiry using Attributes issue with Data field

• 1 February 2022
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Naveen B , All,

I have the following Generic Inquiry which I need to calculate a new cost from the attributes against the Item.  I think the calculation is not working due to the data types but am struggling with what prefix to use.

Attributes:-

I have tried using the Mask without luck also.  The generic inquiry is attached.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

laura

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 2 February 2022, 06:56

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @lauracastagna 

Could not open the GI, got following error. 

Just send the screenshot reflecting the expression you have used for specific column in question. 

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @lauracastagna 

Please use the value field instead of attributeID

you wrote like below

=CDec(([Length.AttributeID])*CDec([Rate.AttributeID])*CDec([Mass.AttributeID]))

It should be 

=CDec(([Length.Value])*CDec([Rate.Value])*CDec([Mass.Value]))

I tried and was able to get the calculated value. 

We should use Entry Mask as well,

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

still no luck when i changed it.  including the mask on the Attribute:-

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @lauracastagna 

In your GI the Condition was added wrongly. I’ve corrected and verified. Please find the sample xml for your verification.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @lauracastagna Hope you are doing well!

The above solution provided by @jinin is working as expected! Do you see still error?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank-you @jinin and  @Naveen B

“some” don’t calculate still.  I cant work out the difference. 

Also I had to add “+” Attribute Punch.

Could you please take a look?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @lauracastagna  I see some issue with JOIN conditions and due to that you are not able to fetch the expected value. I have attached the working GI here, please verify.

Here are the issue and fix details

Join condition should be like → Punch.AttributeID Equals =’Punch’, and I have seen the same issue with the Glass related attributes and I have modified it. Please find the latest attached XML GI for your reference. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

thanks @Naveen B .

hopefully the last thing……

when there is No punch value the calculation does not work.  I’m not multiplying just adding so not sure what I’ve missed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @lauracastagna  I have removed the grouping and added NULL conditions to the formula.

Please find the attached updated GI.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hya,  still some that wont populate @Naveen B 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @lauracastagna    Since the Mass attribute value is less than 0.5 i.e., 0..3, it is considered 0 and getting the result as 0.

Please use the below formula and it will work with the 0.

Please use the CDbl instead of CDec conversion.

=CDbl((IsNull([Length.Value],0)))*CDbl((IsNull([Rate.Value],0)))*CDbl((IsNull([Mass.Value],0)))+ CDbl( (IsNull([Punch.Value],0)))

Hi @lauracastagna  Since the Mass attribute value is less than 0.5 i.e., 0..3, it is considered 0 and getting result as 0.

Please use the below formula and it will work with the 0.

Please use the CDbl instead of CDec conversion.

=CDbl((IsNull([Length.Value],0)))*CDbl((IsNull([Rate.Value],0)))*CDbl((IsNull([Mass.Value],0)))+ CDbl( (IsNull([Punch.Value],0)))

Userlevel 2
Badge

THANK YOU @Naveen B !

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Most Welcome @lauracastagna 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved