Solved

Business event- Trigger on INItemsaleshis_FinYtdQTYSales Does not work. How to make it work?

• 7 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I have a need to monitor 1 item’s sales qty. If the qty reaches a certain amount, I shall do something.(business subscriber).

I choose the INItemsaleshis_FinYTDQTYSales to monitor, because it is a aggregation sum value.

However,  I add 2 “or” trigger conditions on business events. And both of them did not work.

What is the right way to happen the trigger work?
       Or can I have another methods to monitor the sales qty increasing?

icon

Best answer by Irina 25 August 2021, 18:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @ray20 

More likely this field is not stored in database but calculated “on the fly”. If this is true, business event is not going to trigger. This is just out of the general logic.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Irina Thank you for your confirmation. But ,do you know a way to monitor the item sales qty?

If I would like to monitor if item A reachs qty.sales to 200, I shall do something, like cancel the promotion price or something else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@ray20 probably this will require customization that will store this data in a database.

Another suggestion from “dirty hacks” category is to create a custom field which should be incremented each time the item was sold. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved