Solved

Workflow for - Release Time Activities

Userlevel 4
Badge

hello Community,

i have not been able to figure out the purpose of Release Time Activities screen. I created a sample record under the Employee Time Activities/Activity screen as below:

These are the 2 records that I created from Activities screen - Type = Work Item.

But now when I am trying to release these using the Release Time Activities screen, the records aren’t appearing:

What is it that I am missing here?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Harry 5 March 2024, 18:37

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

You won’t be able to see the time activities until they are taken off of hold (1st record).  Not sure why you are unable to see the second record since it has the completed status.  Is there any Branch Security restriction? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

You won’t be able to see the time activities until they are taken off of hold (1st record).  Not sure why you are unable to see the second record since it has the completed status.  Is there any Branch Security restriction? 

Hello @tsnyder16 , how can I check this? I mean what all screens shall I check?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Also to add, the employee for which a sample time activity has been created has access of admin. hence, can access to all the branches.

Userlevel 4
Badge

hey @tsnyder16 ,

i checked out the same thing in sales demo instance, and that is working fine. Also, i wanted to know, once I release a time Activity, will it get displayed under Employee Time Cards entry? I am actually looking to import/post some of the Employee Time Card records for the Month of january and found out that the system wont allow us to import for the previous periods. So thought of going through the Time Activities part. Do we have any other options to this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @tsnyder16 , how can I check this? I mean what all screens shall I check?

The hold flag is on the Time Activity screen.  Do you have multiple Branches in the tenant? If so, check the Branches screen’s “Access Role” field.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @tsnyder16 , how can I check this? I mean what all screens shall I check?

The hold flag is on the Time Activity screen.  Do you have multiple Branches in the tenant? If so, check the Branches screen’s “Access Role” field.

I checked it, and the particular employee has been given access to all the branches.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

hey @tsnyder16 ,

i checked out the same thing in sales demo instance, and that is working fine. Also, i wanted to know, once I release a time Activity, will it get displayed under Employee Time Cards entry? I am actually looking to import/post some of the Employee Time Card records for the Month of january and found out that the system wont allow us to import for the previous periods. So thought of going through the Time Activities part. Do we have any other options to this?

The time activity does “flow” into a time card once the time card is created, but if you cannot create time cards for that week, it may only be able to exist as a time activity. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

hey @tsnyder16 ,

How can I make the time activity records released?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

hey @tsnyder16 ,

Only on the Release Time Activities screen.

Userlevel 4
Badge

hey @tsnyder16 ,

Only on the Release Time Activities screen.

That’s where I am facing the issue. The system isn’t displaying the Completed activities to be released.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @tsnyder16 ,

Thank you for your prompt response. I figured it out. Just had to disable the "Time Card is Required” checkbox in the Employees screen. And then the activity records got displayed under Release Time Activities screen.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved