Solved

Connecting a staging site with a sandbox version of Acumatica

• 1 August 2023
  • 6 replies

I currently run a WordPress website that uses Acumatica. Acumatica is installed as a plugin within the theme built by the original developers. Right now, I have a staging site setup, along with a sandbox environment on Acumatica.

For example, my staging site is
staging.website.com

My sandbox environment for Acumatica is:

website-sandbox-22-2.acumatica.com/(w(2))/

Basically, what I’m looking to do is test buying a product on the staging site to which it then generates a order in the sandbox version of Acumatica.

As mentioned, Acumatica is coded within the plugin used to create the site’s functionality, so on Wordpress, in order to add the Sandbox site value to the list of Data Sources, I had to add a string within the Acumatica.php file along with the ACF_AcumaticaOptions.php file, but that is only adding a string so that I can choose the data source in the Wordpress admin dashboard. I also changed the base url to the link of the Acumatica sandbox, but I feel like that is incorrect.

How can I fully connect my sandbox version of Acumatica with my staging Wordpress site?

Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. Please ask me if you need any more context! I’m a bit lost as this is my first time working with Acumatica, so still trying to learn the system. Do you have any specific documentation you recommend?

icon

Best answer by AndrewBGL 30 August 2023, 00:28

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello @sethexit ,

We had a WordPress site also and were using flywheel as our host so I am familiar with staging sites. We update the WordPress site to Shopify.

What happens when you try to push a test order through you sandbox?

Is there any error messages you are receiving?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

Also I am not sure if you have used the help guide for Implementing a Connector for an E-Commerce System.

You will want to refer to the to this help article during your testing: To Create a Connector for an External System

I hope this helps.

Hello @sethexit ,

We had a WordPress site also and were using flywheel as our host so I am familiar with staging sites. We update the WordPress site to Shopify.

Thanks

We use WooCommerce for the shop and Authorize.Net for payment processing. On the site this message is displayed after the test order is placed:
An error occurred, please try again or try an alternate form of payment.

I don’t see any particular errors in the console log that would pertain to this. The sandbox version of Acumatica does not update with the staging test order. I am wondering if I have to test orders making HTTP requests using Postman.

I’ll also check the documentation you sent, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @sethexit were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello @sethexit ,

Thanks

We use WooCommerce for the shop and Authorize.Net for payment processing. On the site this message is displayed after the test order is placed:
An error occurred, please try again or try an alternate form of payment.

I don’t see any particular errors in the console log that would pertain to this. The sandbox version of Acumatica does not update with the staging test order. I am wondering if I have to test orders making HTTP requests using Postman.

I’ll also check the documentation you sent, thanks!

Hello @Sethexit,

I missed your update. Based on your error message I would check the payment tab under WooCommerce and make sure Authorize.Net is showing as a payment option. Also try to setup another payment like Paypal, Apple or android pay to see if you can process an order.

Also you can login to your Authorize.Net and look in the log files to see if there is an error message.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge

If you are still having an issue send me the URL and I will look at your HTML code and see if I can see any issues.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved