Solved

Simple MRP Scenario

• 7 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I have an item that we purchase through MRP and use in manufacturing. This item is in base unit LF and we purchase in Rolls. When purchasing in Rolls, you must buy a full roll - it is not divisible.

In the Create PO pop-up, it converts the LF to Roll which is great but it doesn’t seem to round up and so the PO can’t be created.

I must be missing something here. How can I get the quantity to round up? It should always be a full number (1,2,3,4,5 rolls, etc.)

icon

Best answer by andrestamour43 9 December 2022, 19:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @jwarren !

To round up the Purchase Qty., this can be done manually by the user.

There is not a setting currently that will round up the quantity automatically.

However, check out this existing Product Idea that is marked as Pending Review:

https://community.acumatica.com/ideas/inventory-replenishment-round-up-1195

Please consider voting for the idea and adding your feedback for our product managers.

I hope this helped!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@jwarren

Try setting the purchase units to EA and the base unit as LF and add a conversion, let’s say it’s 100LF in a Roll, from there set Vendor Lot Size as 1. MRP should then suggest purchase quantities equal to a whole roll (100LF).

A simple example, I sell CONBABY3 by the EA but I purchase by the BOX. Each Box has 100 EAs in it. 

My item is set up as follows:

On the vendors tab I have:

I create a sales Order for Qty 75EA but I have 0 on hand. So MRP suggests I buy 1 Box 

Hope this helps! 

Sincerely,

Andre St. Amour 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@jwarren

Try setting the purchase units to EA and the base unit as LF and add a conversion, let’s say it’s 100LF in a Roll, from there set Vendor Lot Size as 1. MRP should then suggest purchase quantities equal to a whole roll (100LF).

A simple example, I sell CONBABY3 by the EA but I purchase by the BOX. Each Box has 100 EAs in it. 

My item is set up as follows:

On the vendors tab I have:

I create a sales Order for Qty 75EA but I have 0 on hand. So MRP suggests I buy 1 Box 

Hope this helps! 

Sincerely,

Andre St. Amour 

Thanks for this response Andre - I’m desperate to see this same functionality as you but not sure why MRP is suggesting 0.33 rolls instead of 1 roll.

Here’s my simple example:

Item Set-Up

Vendors Tab

I have demand from production orders for 100 LF and 375LF. If I purchase the 100LF, I see 0.33EA.

In your case, you added 75 units to a SO but it shows 100 units on the MRP Display?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@jwarren, what version are you currently using? I believe there was an update to the MRP logic that allows for this, I tested this in 22.202

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved