Solved

"Selected Location is not valid for sales"

• 24 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We created a production order for a part we had created, to be able to remove material and add some other, this production order has a step with components with negative quantities, which will strip back material and put it back in inventory.  

If we do a Material transaction, we have not issues.

If we try to do a backflush via a MOVE transaction, we get an error message, during the MOVE referencing a location that is only used to receive purchased orders.

If we remove the backflush flags from the components, we are able to process the MOVE transaction.

• RECDOCK is only for receiving PO’s.
  • None of the items involved have this location in their setup.
  • The production order is not attached to any sales order.

We have since been able to process this order by doing the Material transaction and removing the backflush flags to do the MOVE.  

I’ve been able to replicate this scenario in one of our testing environments and I’m wondering if this is a bug.

icon

Best answer by jamesh 9 February 2024, 14:19

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Is RECDOCK your default receiving location?  The backflush is trying to take the material off the production order and receive it back into inventory.  Might be best to contact Acumatica support if it is something you cannot easily reproduce.

Userlevel 3
Badge

It is, but all items involved have their own receive to and issue from locations setup.  I’ve replicated the issue, I just cant’ figure out what is causing it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Can you provide a screen shot of the location settings of your warehouse screen?   Check ‘Sales Allowed’ just to see if that gets you past the error.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I checked the flag for Sales to be able to use RECDOCK and then I got the error below.

Then I checked the flag to allow Production to use RECDOCK and the transaction was allowed to complete.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Assuming RECDOCK is a dock location, you’ll likely want to make sure you have Receiving allowed and Production allowed on there similar to this:

Userlevel 3
Badge

And that is what I had to do to be able to complete the transaction.  The point is that the items that were being transacted did not have RECDOCK in any of their setup.  Why is RECDOCK even being mentioned in the process.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Here’s the verbiage from the documentation, if you’ve already followed it, I’d submit a ticket:

By default, the system inserts the warehouse specified in the Default Warehouse box of the General tab on Stock Items (IN202500) form for the item to be produced. If no default warehouse is specified for the item, you must select the warehouse manually.

To find the default warehouse location to be copied to the Location box of the production order, the system checks the following boxes in the listed order and inserts the first location it finds:

1. The Default Receipt To box of the General tab on the Item Warehouse Details(IN204500) form for the item to be produced and the warehouse specified in the Warehouse box
  2. The Default Receipt To box of the General tab on the Stock Items (IN202500) form for the item to be produced
  3. The Receiving Location box of the Locations tab on the Warehouses(IN204000) form for the warehouse specified in the Warehouse box

If all these boxes are empty, you must manually specify the warehouse location in the Location box of the production order. You can also override any default location that the system inserts.

When a worker records the quantity of completed items for the last operation of a production order by using the Move (AM302000) or Labor (AM301000) form, the system inserts in the Warehouse and Location columns of the item row the values in the respective boxes of the production order. The worker can override the warehouse and location in the transaction if needed, such as when the produced items must be moved to a specific warehouse location for an additional inspection.

For each warehouse location that may be used for item receipt, you should make sure that the following check boxes are selected in the row for the location on the Locations tab of the Warehouses form:

• Active
  • Receipts Allowed
  • Production Allowed
Userlevel 3
Badge

Here’s the verbiage from the documentation, if you’ve already followed it, I’d submit a ticket:

By default, the system inserts the warehouse specified in the Default Warehouse box of the General tab on Stock Items (IN202500) form for the item to be produced. If no default warehouse is specified for the item, you must select the warehouse manually.

To find the default warehouse location to be copied to the Location box of the production order, the system checks the following boxes in the listed order and inserts the first location it finds:

1. The Default Receipt To box of the General tab on the Item Warehouse Details(IN204500) form for the item to be produced and the warehouse specified in the Warehouse box
  2. The Default Receipt To box of the General tab on the Stock Items (IN202500) form for the item to be produced
  3. The Receiving Location box of the Locations tab on the Warehouses(IN204000) form for the warehouse specified in the Warehouse box

If all these boxes are empty, you must manually specify the warehouse location in the Location box of the production order. You can also override any default location that the system inserts.

When a worker records the quantity of completed items for the last operation of a production order by using the Move (AM302000) or Labor (AM301000) form, the system inserts in the Warehouse and Location columns of the item row the values in the respective boxes of the production order. The worker can override the warehouse and location in the transaction if needed, such as when the produced items must be moved to a specific warehouse location for an additional inspection.

For each warehouse location that may be used for item receipt, you should make sure that the following check boxes are selected in the row for the location on the Locations tab of the Warehouses form:

• Active
  • Receipts Allowed
  • Production Allowed

Thank you Jamesh, I had already gone over this information and compared with what is happening.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved