Freeing inventory allocations arising from Labor/Move transactions

• 16 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi all,

What would be the best method to either:

1. disable inventory SO Allocated allocations from Labor/Move transactions altogether
  2. periodically unallocate the above inventory allocations?

I understand inventory allocations can be manually altered using the SO Line Details button, but the process is often too labor-intensive when we have hundreds of item plans - several for each daily Labor/Move document - and we just want to consolidate the gross produced quantity as one line for a shipment.

Unfortunately, Shipment documents ship each allocation as one line, resulting in hundreds of duplicate inventory ID lines on a Shipment per our Manufacturing-generated allocations. 

Perhaps some sort of automation method or toggle to free inventory allocations is available?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Can you provide more detail - perhaps and example/screen shot of a Sales Order and the Shipments created.  Are the Production Items lot or serial tracked?  I am thinking this might be more of a shipment issue than an inventory allocation one.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @angierowley75,

I have screenshots in the other thread I created in Distribution. Was debating whether or not to put this in Distribution or Manufacturing, but since the root cause appears to be the individual allocations being generated by Manufacturing, I decided to post it in this section instead.

Still not too clear on whether the split Shipments lines (based on allocation) are part of standard Acumatica functionality or a bug.

As for your query - no, we are not using lot/serial tracking for the manufactured items. The items are classified as Average valuation and a certain quantity is produced each day through Move/Labor transactions, with partial shipments carried out periodically on back orders.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved