Solved

Filter Attribute value based on a previous attribute in product configurator

• 26 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello,

I am trying to limit the available values for an attribute based on a value selected for another attribute.

Eg: If user select TOYOTA in the Make Attribute, the Model attribute shows only the models for TOYOTA

Is there a way to achieve this?

icon

Best answer by SeanCooper 28 August 2023, 04:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I don’t know of a way to do this with Attributes - you would need to do it with Features and Options - using rules of one feature to exclude or include options of another.

In the Acumatica Sales Demo database this is done with the Custom Baseball Bat (AMCTOBAT).

Userlevel 2

Thank you Angie. 

I started with Attribute since the “Raw Material” is based on a number of attribute values.

Eg: Use 2 qty of PART123 if Color=”Blue”, Size=”M” and Type=”Metal”

Use 3 qty PART986 if Color=”Red”, Size=”M” and Type=”Wood”

Idea is to have a condition in the “quantity required” field of the options tab(something like that you have for “Xircon 1000 Shower Base Tray” item for Shower Kit)

Userlevel 1

Hi @johnythevara48 ,

Does using a formula in the Qty Required field work? e.g. =IIF(AND([Color]=”Red”, [Size]=”M”,[Type]=”Wood”, 3, 0) against PART986?

The only other alternative that I can offer you is to use a Validation Rule in a formula attribute the checks the correct MODEL is selected for the correct BRAND.

In the screen grab I use a <FORMULA> attribute to resolve to ‘OK’ that is checked using the Validate Rule in the bottom. If the Configuration validates then the user can save and finish it, otherwise they receive an error that it is not correct and they can’t save the configuration. There are some limits that made it difficult - the formula field in the db is not as large as the formula entry box, meaning I had to break up the final formula into several, which is why there are multiple <FORMULA> attributes in the screen shot.

Userlevel 2

Hi @SeanCooper,

Thank you. 

I already have a formula for the Quantity Required field. There I was telling Angine why I used Attribute instead of Features & Options. 

I will check your suggestion of formula attribute. One question there. Are you getting values of V6, V7, V8 etc from user? 

Question since the validation is based on the values of V6, V7, V8 etc ...I assume that they are there but not in the screenshot, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @johnythevara48 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 2

Hi @Chris Hackett unfortunately no. I finally using Features and Options…

Userlevel 1

Hi @johnythevara48,

Indirectly, yes. They are using the Attribute selections to resolve their values. In the example shown the configuration is for a car trailer. V6 is checking that the attributes are valid for a 6’ trailer, V7 for 7’ and so on. Each one resolves to either a True or False statement, before finally passing them to the “Valid Selection” formula. If there is a “True” then the selections are OK and we can proceed.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved