Question

How do I set a task for multiple users?

• 29 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I have a business event firing off when someone forgets to add a salesperson to a customer location. Is there a way to set a task that can be shared by a group of people? I.E. if any one of them completes the task, it closes for all of them.

In the task editor, I can only seem to set a single owner, so I made 3 tasks. But, if someone completes that task, the other 3 still have it listed on their tasks. Am I missing something or is this a limitation I just need to deal with?

Thanks!

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello @Michael Hansen ,

Your idea is listed in the Ideas section of this community.  Please vote:

It appears someone has posted a work-around solution in the above thread. 

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

The above is not the solution. That is for EMAILING a list of people. I need to create a TASK for a group of people and cannot do this in the Business Event I have created. I don’t think it’s possible to create a task that is shared by multiple users. I.E. if ANY of the users marks it complete, then it is completed for all users in the group. 

Have you tried setting the Workgroup on the Task Template(under Task Settings) instead of Owner?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Michael Hansen were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved