Question

How do I set a task for multiple users?

• 29 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I have a business event firing off when someone forgets to add a salesperson to a customer location. Is there a way to set a task that can be shared by a group of people? I.E. if any one of them completes the task, it closes for all of them.

In the task editor, I can only seem to set a single owner, so I made 3 tasks. But, if someone completes that task, the other 3 still have it listed on their tasks. Am I missing something or is this a limitation I just need to deal with?

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

The above is not the solution. That is for EMAILING a list of people. I need to create a TASK for a group of people and cannot do this in the Business Event I have created. I don’t think it’s possible to create a task that is shared by multiple users. I.E. if ANY of the users marks it complete, then it is completed for all users in the group. 

Badge +18

Hello @Michael Hansen ,

Your idea is listed in the Ideas section of this community.  Please vote:

It appears someone has posted a work-around solution in the above thread. 

Laura

Have you tried setting the Workgroup on the Task Template(under Task Settings) instead of Owner?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Michael Hansen were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved