Skip to main content
Solved

Edit Customization Project Data Field

• 19 August 2024
  • 5 replies

Is there a way to change the Display Value of a data value added via customization project, or is there a way to edit the Display Value of an existing data field?

I added a checkbox for ‘Urgent PO’ to the Purchase Order Screen PO301000 and I want to change it to ‘Critical PO’

Hi @josborn 

Go to Customization Project. Find the ‘Urgent PO’ field and follow these steps:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Urgent PO’ field
Step 2: Click on the "ATTRIBUTES" Tab
Step 3: Click on "CUSTOMIZE ATTRIBUTES"

Step 4: Select "Replace Original"
Step 5: Edit DisplayName = "Critical PO"
Step 6: Click "SAVE"
Step 7: Publish Current Project

Best Regards,

NNT

Hi @josborn,

You can navigate to the respective screen in the Customization Editor (e.g., Purchase Orders PO301000).

In the Customization Editor, expand the Screens section by clicking the arrow button next to it.

In the Fields section, you can add your custom field. Use the Display Name property to change the field name to the one you want to replace with the existing name.

Change Field Name

Hi @josborn 

Go to Customization Project. Find the ‘Urgent PO’ field and follow these steps:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Urgent PO’ field
Step 2: Click on the "ATTRIBUTES" Tab
Step 3: Click on "CUSTOMIZE ATTRIBUTES"

Step 4: Select "Replace Original"
Step 5: Edit DisplayName = "Critical PO"
Step 6: Click "SAVE"
Step 7: Publish Current Project

Best Regards,

NNT

I am getting this error when trying to click Customize Attributes

Hi @josborn,

You can navigate to the respective screen in the Customization Editor (e.g., Purchase Orders PO301000).

In the Customization Editor, expand the Screens section by clicking the arrow button next to it.

In the Fields section, you can add your custom field. Use the Display Name property to change the field name to the one you want to replace with the existing name.

Change Field Name

I am able to do these steps but when I publish it I get the following error.

@josborn,

The solution I have provided does not include code level customization, As seeing your screenshot, it is throwing error from POOrderEntry graph, So please check your Code section for that graph, if it not contain any logic , then you can remove it, if it contain logic, you need to resolve those errors.