Solved

Displaying UDF value Description via Report Designer

• 16 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello Community,
I have been trying to display the description of the UDF fields, but not have been able to do so. I have been able to display the value but not the description:

i have added a UDF field in the projects form that fetches the value from ARCustomer table

The above report only displays the Account ID, i have been trying to display the Account Name of the customer too. How can I achieve this or is there any workaround to do so?

Also the Schema field, Attributes (CS205000) form doesn’t display any values relating to Account Name

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 16 October 2023, 07:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Harshita  In the Attributes screen, you have chosen the ACCTCD field and this value will be stored in the database.

I recognize that, in the Selector, you're currently seeing the ACCTCD along with the Account Name. It's worth mentioning that this behavior is consistent with the Selector field's natural behavior. However, when data is stored in the database, it will store only the ACCTCD value. The same principle applies when displaying the data in reports. If your intention is to display the Account Name in the report, you can achieve this by performing a join with the BAccount to retrieve the Account Name and then display it in the report.

Hope this info helps!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Harshita  In the Attributes screen, you have chosen the ACCTCD field and this value will be stored in the database.

I recognize that, in the Selector, you're currently seeing the ACCTCD along with the Account Name. It's worth mentioning that this behavior is consistent with the Selector field's natural behavior. However, when data is stored in the database, it will store only the ACCTCD value. The same principle applies when displaying the data in reports. If your intention is to display the Account Name in the report, you can achieve this by performing a join with the BAccount to retrieve the Account Name and then display it in the report.

Hope this info helps!!

Hello @Naveen Boga , thank you for your clarification, can you please showcase how can i trigger this. Would really be grateful !!
Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Harshita  As I explained above, please join the two details with the ACCTCD (PMProject and BAccount) and fetch the AccountName.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hope this info helps!!

Hello @Naveen Boga 
Have tried this, it now works:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Harshita Awesome !!  Thanks for sharing the update :) 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved