Skip to main content

I am trying to automate the creation of an AP bill to a specific vendor “AP5166791306” each time a particular payment method “AP CC” is used to pay a bill. To elaborate, the “AP CC” payment method will be used to record payments made with a credit card to close out open AP bills. Once that happens, we want to automate the creation of a separate AP bill to the associated credit card vendor “AP5166791306” for the amount of the payment.

I am using a GI which only returns payments paid with the “AP CC” payment method. The business event is set to trigger by each record, each time a record is inserted. This part of the solution works consistently, meaning every time I create a payment in AP using the “AP CC” payment method, the business event runs successfully.

The business event has an import scenario subscriber which is intended to create a bill in the AP bills and adjustments window, using some of the results of the GI used to trigger the business event. The GI is simply a copy of the “Checks and Payments” GI with a restriction to only return records with the (AP CC) payment method.

When I walk through the process of paying an AP bill using the (AP CC) payment method, the business event triggers every time, but the import scenario only successfully creates an AP bill for the (AP5166791306) vendor sporadically. I don’t see a way to test the import scenario independent of the business event, so I can’t determine why it fails more often than not. I am hoping someone might have some experience with a similar process or a keen eye and be able to spot the issue with my import scenario, assuming that is where the issue lies. Here is a screenshot of the import scenario. Thanks in advance for looking at this!

Be the first to reply!