Skip to main content

I need to clarify a few points regarding the modification of an existing Bill:

• Is it possible to update the VendorRef field in an existing Bill?
  • Is it possible to update the ‘Approved for payment’ checkbox in the Financials tab of an existing Bill?
  • Can we change the status of an existing Bill via a REST request? The initial status may vary; what restrictions could there be ?

Hi Ivan,

• VendorRef field - this can only be edited prior to the document being posted (typically while “on hold”).  When the document is pending approval or approved, you can put it back on hold and edit the field, but this restarts any approval processes.  To ensure that this field gets populated, make sure that on the Accounts Payables Preferences screen you select the “Require Vendor Reference” checkbox.  You will likely also want to select “Raise an Error on Duplicate Vendor Reference Number”
  • Approved for Payment - this is only required if the ‘Require Approval of Bills Prior to Payment’ option is selected on the AP Preferences screen.  This can be updated manually on the bill after it’s posted on an individual bill record (as can the payment method and cash account).  This can also be updated on the mass processing screen “Approve Bills for Payment”
  • I’m less familiar with the REST requests, but you can do mass processing of documents in AP in a few different ways
    • Through the Release AP documents screen you can release any documents that have all approvals (if required) completed
    • You can also add mass processing options to the Bills and Adjustments generic inquiry (i.e. add options to remove from hold, mass delete, etc).  On the Entry Point tab of the Generic Inquiry form, select Enable Mass Actions / Mass Update and then on the new tabs that get added, select the actions to add.

Hi Ivan,

• VendorRef field - this can only be edited prior to the document being posted (typically while “on hold”).  When the document is pending approval or approved, you can put it back on hold and edit the field, but this restarts any approval processes.  To ensure that this field gets populated, make sure that on the Accounts Payables Preferences screen you select the “Require Vendor Reference” checkbox.  You will likely also want to select “Raise an Error on Duplicate Vendor Reference Number”
  • Approved for Payment - this is only required if the ‘Require Approval of Bills Prior to Payment’ option is selected on the AP Preferences screen.  This can be updated manually on the bill after it’s posted on an individual bill record (as can the payment method and cash account).  This can also be updated on the mass processing screen “Approve Bills for Payment”
  • I’m less familiar with the REST requests, but you can do mass processing of documents in AP in a few different ways
    • Through the Release AP documents screen you can release any documents that have all approvals (if required) completed
    • You can also add mass processing options to the Bills and Adjustments generic inquiry (i.e. add options to remove from hold, mass delete, etc).  On the Entry Point tab of the Generic Inquiry form, select Enable Mass Actions / Mass Update and then on the new tabs that get added, select the actions to add.

I need to do all this only via REST

Hi @Ivan ,

We can update the Vendor Ref through REST API and the status using Actions. To do this, you need to extend the endpoint, add the actions, and include extra fields for approvals in the extended endpoint entity.