Solved

Unable to import into customer Mail settings tab

• 30 September 2020
  • 2 replies

I imported the contacts - I now want to on the mail settings screens assign the contacts to the customer in mail setting - I created an import to do so but it gives me an error saying object need to be GUI has anyone had any success creating an import scenario to assign contacts to the Mailing IDs  ( want to assign contacts to mail receipients for Invoice form

icon

Best answer by vkumar 5 October 2020, 12:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello George,

Could you please advise the Acumatica ERP version, how your import scenario mapping currently looks, and which exact error you’re getting?

When importing lines for the record, make sure you use <LineNbr>=-1 formula in lines. There is also might be a matter of incorrect key field used. For more information, please refer to the I100 course.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi George, 

The error is due to the format in which the ‘Mailing ID’ is saved at database level. Here is what you can do find various Mailing ID values stored in database :

• Create an export scenario to export CustomerID, mailing ID from Customer screen
  • You will see the value stored for each mailing ID in database
  • for example ‘a70caa8e-2691-46c9-beb7-bb7626f51b4b’ this is the value for ‘INVOICE’ mailing ID
  • If you replace the Mailing ID for ‘INVOICE’ on your import scenario, it does work. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved