Solved

File synchronization - is it possible to remove date time tag from export file name

• 11 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi all, 

I set up the file synchronization to the FTP server as below. Currently the file name received on FTP server includes a date time tag, e.g. "STOCKEXPORT_2022_08_11_14_31_46.csv". Is it possible to remove the data tag and keep the file name as "STOCKEXPORT.csv" which is the file attached to the data provider. 

I haven’t selected anything in Export File Naming Format field and thought it would not add anything to the export file name, but it seems to still add a date tag. 

Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by yisong 2 September 2022, 00:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2

I would like to know if this is possible as well. Outside of naming the file initially when attaching it to the data provider, I do not know if there is a way to define the file name or do it dynamically. I see the option to use Date or Revision in the Export File Name on the File Maintenance > Synchronization tab but do not know if that works or not. 

The Date and Revision options in the Export File Name do work. If you choose Date, the file name is "STOCKEXPORT_2022_08_11_14_31_46.csv". If you choose Revision, the file name is something like “STOCKEXPORT_5.csv”. 

As it doesn’t seem there is a way to keep the file name fixed in Acumatica, the web developer will need do something on the import end, e.g. striping off the revision from the file name. 

Userlevel 2

@yisong, I found that if you name the file in your path of the synchronization that it will set the file name accordingly. This is now working at a site where a third party product is picking up this particular file name. 

Userlevel 1

I cannot seem to get this to work. I get a permissions error, although the file permissions at the SFTP site has full rights. Has anyone found a way around this? Customer does not want the date or revision extensions.

Userlevel 1

I was able to get the the suggestion from stephenhennelly to work. The problem was sending a file to an SFTP site verses an FTP site. The FTP site allowed an overwrite of the file with the same name.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved