Exporting to tab delimited txt file format

• 21 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3

I am trying to create an export scenario to a tab delimited txt file.

Currently, my data provider is set to CSV, but the delimiter schema is a required field. I’m able get the data exported in the correct layout (by entering any value in this field), but I’m struggling with the “Tab” delimiter.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

dcote70 3 years ago

@hkabiri

Hey Sam,

This is awesome information! The client is currently on version 2019R1 so that explains it!

Thank you!

Derek 

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@dcote70 

Derek,

Could you please inform me of the version you are using?

I have just tested and the values or Delimiter Field under Data Provider Parameters should be available as a drop down list and TAB is also an option you can select.

Data Provider Delimiter for CSV Provider

If the field is not a drop down please check latest build in 2019R2 or 2020R1.

This functionality was delivered as per following feedback request in 2019R2. https://feedback.acumatica.com/ideas/ACU-I-1473

Sam Kabiri

Userlevel 3

@hkabiri

Hey Sam,

This is awesome information! The client is currently on version 2019R1 so that explains it!

Thank you!

Derek 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@hkabiri

Hey Sam,

Thank you!

Derek 

I am glad that I could be of some help.

Userlevel 3

@hkabiri Do you know of any workarounds in 2019R1? We are intending on upgrading in early 2021, but this is more of an immediate need.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

This can also be done with a CSV data provider with single field output. In your Export Scenarios, use a formula to conact all your fields together with a quoted tab character seperating each field. Map this to your single column in your data provider. 

Example:

To inject the tab, use notepad to copy a tab character and insert it between quotes in the Concat function.

Userlevel 3

@RoyceLithgo Would you mind sending another screenshot or two of how you set up your data provider in this case? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

It’s a basic CSV with a single field.

Just use default values on the Parameters page.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved