Solved

AR Default Payment Method

• 20 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Is it possible to NOT specify a default payment method for Customers? We accept account payments at the Cashier (our own POS) and they can be in several different tenders and two currencies.

I know that this can be overridden when entering an Acu journal voucher but when uploading an excel file of payments those ARPAY entries where the payment method isn’t as expected throw an error. The user can go back and edit to override those errors but that’s introducing an extra step.

Is a custom scenario my only workaround?

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 20 July 2023, 12:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2

I believe there is no predefined feature or option that could allow you to setup a default payment method or even leaving it blank when register a new customer. In our case CC is default payment method. However it can be customized to choose a different default paymennt method or leaving it blank.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This is possible just dont tick any payment method as the default for the customer and then you will have to select it when you take a payment.

Userlevel 2

I just figured out, we can set it in Customer Classes Screen. You can define a default payment method or just leave it blank

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yes you can do it that way to so the default is blank this is what i meant on the customer if you ensure none are ticked 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved