Solved

Where is the AR line TaxAmt be kept in DB/DAC?

• 10 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I am writing a report to customers and would like to show the AR line amt and line taxamt.

however,

The ARTran.TaxAmt is empty, and also the ARTax.TaxAmt is empty.
   We do have TaxAmt on TaxTran, but is is not single line, it is the whole AR document.

Can somebody tell me where I can get the line TaxAmt directly?

Or I have to calculate it by myself?

icon

Best answer by ray20 10 March 2021, 04:48

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I can get the information I need using something like this:

=IIf( [ARTran.TranType]='CRM', -[ARTax.TaxRate]*[ARTax.CuryTaxableAmt]/100, [ARTax.TaxRate]*[ARTax.CuryTaxableAmt]/100)

However, if somebody can show me how to get the information directly, I will be appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ray20,

ARTaxTran is DAC where this is directly NOT available in the database but this DAC is inherited from the TaxTran DAC (Database table available).

You can get the tax amount directly from TaxTran table by passing the required parameters. Please find the screenshots for reference.

Hope this helps!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Naveen B 
Hello Captain, yes, TaxTran is having the Tax information. But it is having the whole Document.
What I am want is by single line.
No worries, I already get this information I want. I am just wondering, if I have to recalculate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ray20  Great :)

Just wanted to know that, are you looking for line-level tax information?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Naveen B 
Sorry for the late reply. weekend leave.
Yes, I am looking for the line-level tax information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Line-level tax information is only available when using taxes with a line-level calculation rule:

In the case of an AR Invoice, the information will be available in ARTax.TaxAmt; there’s one row per line and tax type. Other modules have similar tables: APTax, SOTax, POTax, etc…

Here’s how it will look in the table if you use line-level tax calculation rules:

In my jurisdiction we use document-level tax calculation, and I would have to manually calculate the tax amount for every line myself to get this information; if you’re using a document-level calculation rule, the calculation you make at the line level will not always match the total tax total on the document because of rounding differences.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Gabriel Michaud 
Fantastic, Gabriel, thank you so much for sharing with me the information I didn’t know.
You knows Acumatica inside out. It is amazing. Thank you.
We are using document-level calculation, so that is why the line level is empty while I check in DB.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Line-level tax information is only available when using taxes with a line-level calculation rule:

In the case of an AR Invoice, the information will be available in ARTax.TaxAmt; there’s one row per line and tax type. Other modules have similar tables: APTax, SOTax, POTax, etc…

Here’s how it will look in the table if you use line-level tax calculation rules:

In my jurisdiction we use document-level tax calculation, and I would have to manually calculate the tax amount for every line myself to get this information; if you’re using a document-level calculation rule, the calculation you make at the line level will not always match the total tax total on the document because of rounding differences.

Thank you so much for sharing this, it has helped me a lot too.  Hugely grateful.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved