Solved

Vendor Payment Flows through multiple cash accounts

• 6 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

So our client has sent us this issue and I am trying to think of the best way to process. They are out today so I do not have all of the details, but my understanding is that they have multiple bank accounts involved with a vendor payments. 

So they will create a payment and the amount flows through Cash Account #1 to Cash Account #2 and then the vendor is paid. They need the payment to hit each account so that they can reconcile at the end of each month. The only way I could currently think to do this would be to have Cash Account #1 pay the vendor and then create a manual entry for Cash account #2 to show the amount flowed in and out. I checked the clearing account in Acumatica but the notes said that is only for AR. I am not sure if I am missing a feature or if anyone else has implemented a better solution for this?

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 7 July 2023, 01:31

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello @rebeckamckinney53 ,

We can’t pay a vendor from more than one account at the same time, or link two bank records as the ‘paid from’ source of a check.

We may need more details once you speak to your customer, to assess this situation correctly, but I will try. 

Perhaps they keep one bank account with little cash (“Small Bank”) out of which vendor payments are made.  They keep a second bank account with lots of cash (“Big Bank”).  Shortly before or after cutting checks, a transfer is made from Big Bank to Small Bank in the amount of today’s check run.

• Transfers can be entered in Acumatica Banking module to move the cash.
  • Both Big and Small account can be reconciled.
  • You are correct: neither of these accounts is a Clearing Account.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved