Skip to main content

Dear All,

The Withholding Tax transaction update the financial year at the time of applied Bill and Payment. Is it the setting which we can adjust somewhere?

I have a Bill applied Withholding Tax as image. At the time this Bill was released, Withholding Tax doesnt update the financial period yet

The transaction of Withholding was created at the time of applied to payment.

Due to the law, the Withholding Tax transaction should be record to financial period at the time of the bill, instead of the applied period.

Is it the setting which we can adjust somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Yên Chi

Hello @chidao ,

You can change the Date/FinPeriod at the time of applying the payment. Did you face any error there?

Hi @hdussa,

Thank you for your comment!

Changing the Application Date doesnt solve my case. Because the Tax Entry will be created on the Application Date. I have expected the Tax Entry need to be created on the Bill Date

Details on my business case is Bill is on 13th of July, based on credit term we have 30 days (due date of bill is 12th of Sep). We make a payment on 17th of Sep

Withholding Tax Entry was created at the time of applied Payment and Bill. However, the Application Date cant be smaller than the Payment Date.

In real life the, Withholding Tax was incurred on date of the Bill. However the system is recorded at the date of application date.

Im not sure if the problem is from the setting or the way I record transaction